344 P-tier moving material around a jobsite
The 344 P-tier comes with features that result in higher productivity in applications like V-pattern truck loading, bale handling, and landscaping.
- The John Deere™ 4045T engine features a high-pressure common rail fuel system with electronic injectors, four-valve cylinder head, a wastegate turbocharger, and is charge air cooled. The 344 P-tier meets Final Tier 4 emissions regulations through the use of cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particulate filter, and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system. The selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system utilizes diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) to reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
- Based off of customer and dealer feedback, the 344 P-tier has a maximum travel speed of 40 km/h (25 mph)
- Automatic shift logic has been internally developed specifically for this machine to allow the operator to focus on their work instead of shifting gears. This allows the machine to seamlessly transition from loading to transport. The system senses the machine speed and load and will adjust the hydrostatic pumps, motors, and gearbox automatically without operator input to best match the conditions.
- Manual low-speed 100-percent differential lock delivers the ground gripping tractive effort necessary to dive deep into the pile and help heap the bucket.
- Standard ride control reduces material spillage from the bucket when traveling over rough and uneven terrain by cushioning the boom. This will help in getting the material being moved to where it is intended to go, and will reduce site cleanup that may result from spilled material.
- To help keep material in the bucket, and to make an operator more comfortable, there are two points of oscillation on the 344 P-tier when traveling over rough ground. The articulation joint has 10 degrees of oscillation and the rear axle also has 10 degrees of oscillation. Combined, both help to significantly improve machine stability over rough and uneven terrain.
- High lift linkage option on the 344 P-tier adds additional height to hinge pin to increase things like dump height and reach